Thursday, December 1, 2011

Shem-Su Noory

I'm no expert in ancient Egyptian, but if I'm correct, the name of this post means "follower of Noory."  By which of course I mean George Noory, host of the late-night radio show Coast to Coast AM.  The show was started by the legendary (I know he hates that term) Art Bell circa 1990.  George took-over the show beginning in 2003.  It has continued to snowball in growth, and in importance to all of us, whether we know it or not.

I first heard Coast to Coast AM in 1999.  I was working as an electrician, at night, in a satellite-uplink facility.  One of the guys I worked with was a fan of the show.  The first show I heard was about beings that were on this planet, that genetically altered the creatures on this planet, which became us over time.  I was quite struck with this notion, since I'd never heard anything like it before.  I listened to more and more shows, seeking additional information like what I'd already heard.

And then I was hooked.  Not only did I eventually hear more shows of the "Ancient Aliens"  type, but Coast gave me a whole library of topics to explore which were new to me.

Art Bell did his own variety of shows.  When George took the reins, he steered it in his direction.  At first some of the changes were difficult for me to adjust to.  That's just human nature - we hate change.  After some time of hearing George's version of Coast, I came to love it, and even regret the times I was forced to miss a show.

In fact, I was rather surprised at myself one night, when the show began, and I heard George's voice, the first thought that went through my head was, "Hey, Dad."  That was a little eerie.  Of course, George and I are both from Michigan, so if he ever had an affair with my mother when he was 13 years old, he just might be my father.  All things considered, probably not.

Art had his guests, and George has his.  Naturally George inherited Art's guests, but he also found many more on his own.  George's style is of a faster pace, too, which seems to be in keeping with the demands of society.  He covers a lot of topics in one night, let alone in a week's worth of shows.  Every minute is a roller coaster (haha, there's my subconscious making fun of me again!) of emotion, entertainment, and intellect.

Speaking of the subconscious mind, that brings me to the important part of the show, as I see it.  Many of the subjects discussed on Coast to Coast AM are fearful things.  For instance, the idea of mankind merging with its machinery in the near future.  Or, that the government is getting prepared to put the population into prison camps.  Or, that aliens are coming to our planet to eat us.  Outrageous?  Certainly.  Impossible?  Who knows?  I see great value, in any case, in bringing our fears to the surface, to be faced, no matter what the real potential for these things is.  Art Bell once said (and I'm paraphrasing him here) "We are awake in the night-time, when we do our most important work."  I interpret that in the psychological sense, as I've said here, of raising our fears to be observed and thereby dealt with.

George Noory continues to do the work today, or should I say, tonight.  I have heard shows talking about genetically-modified foods and what they might do to us;  shows about pharmaceutical companies poisoning the population;  show about ghosts attacking the living;  shows about how aliens control the planet, and more and more and more.  You really have to listen to the show for at least three months, I would say, in order to hear enough shows about enough topics to get a feel for what it's like.  I listen to every show, every night of the week, usually on my hand-radio.  When I'm home for awhile I bring-up a local radio station on my computer and listen there.  I catch a lot of the repeats of the show, too, when I can stay awake for them. 

That's why I call this blog, Shem-Su Noory.  I follow George Noory.  I follow him wherever he goes, night after night.  He has taken me to many places, some of them scary, some of them glorious and magnificent.  I'm not getting paid to plug Coast to Coast AM here.  I'm what they call a booster, I guess.  Why don't you come along for the ride with us tonight?  The Coast audience is growing by leaps and bounds, as people realize they can hear information that's way ahead of the conventional news sources, sometimes by weeks and sometimes by years.

Join the Shem-Su Noory.  It is your destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment